Travel Vaccines and Advice
We have a stock of common travel vaccines to most destinations. If any unusual vaccination is required, we will be able to order the vaccine promptly. On occasion, patients will need to purchase their vaccines from a pharmacist after their doctor provides a prescription.
Bayside Medical Group is accredited as a Yellow Fever vaccination provider.
We have access to current travel vaccination databases.
As travel vaccination can be complex, we recommend that you see a doctor in an appointment to discuss your itinerary and determine your vaccine requirements. Travel immunisation can take up to six weeks to complete so consult your doctor as early as possible.
Further information may be found at Centre for Disease Control - Traveller's Health
- Lassa Fever – Nigeria 23 March 2018From 1 January through 18 March 2018, 1495 suspected cases and 119 deaths have been reported from 19 states (Anambra, Bauchi, Benue, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Federal Capital Territory, Gombe, Imo, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ondo, Osun, Plateau, Rivers, and Taraba). During this period 376 patients were confirmed, nine were classified as probable, 1084 tested […]
- Human infection with a seasonal reassortant A(H1N2) influenza virus – Netherlands 23 March 2018On 20 March 2018, the National International Health Regulations focal point for the Netherlands notified WHO about a human infected with a new reassortant A(H1N2) of seasonal influenza viruses that was detected in the routine sentinel influenza surveillance for influenza-like illness and other acute respiratory infections in the Netherlands. The patient is a child aged […]
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – Oman 15 March 2018Disease news outbreak for MERS_CoV in Oman.
- Yellow fever – Brazil 9 March 2018Disease news outbreak for Yellow fever in Brazil.
- Circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 – Somalia 9 March 2018Circulation of vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) has been confirmed in Somalia. Disease news outbreak for Somalia.