Diabetes Nurse Educator
The aim of diabetes management is to keep blood glucose levels as close to the target range between 4 to 6 mmol/L (fasting), this will help prevent both short-term and long-term complications.
To assist you in optimising your diabetes management, you are encouraged to make an appointment with our Credentialed Diabetes Nurse Educator.
Your healthcare team including your doctor, specialist, dietician and Credentialed Diabetes Educator, can help you with blood glucose monitoring, healthy eating and physical activity.
For your initial appointment you are encouraged to bring your;
- Glucometer for review (* if you monitor at home)
- A record of your blood glucose levels for the last two weeks
- Note: Please see record chart; which can be downloaded
- You may also like to bring along a record of your food intake for the last few days for discussion
- Note: Please see food diary template which can be downloaded
The initial appointment will be 45-60 minutes and subsequent review appointment will be 30 minutes. A private fee will be charged for this service and may be partly funded through Medicare or claimed from your Private Health Fund. Veterans Affairs patients will be bulk-billed.